02 November 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



Please be sure to click the button to join Joyce and the Wednesday Hodgepodge fun!

1. Who taught you how to cook?

My mama taught me some things...like how to turn on the stove and how to boil water. Can't do much in the way of cooking if you don't know how to turn on the stove, right? She also taught me why I should listen when someone says "don't touch that; it's hot!"...which, of course, I didn't listen to and promptly put my little girl hand on the just-turned-off eye of the stove. OY!

My mother-in-law taught me how to make green bean casserole and chicken casserole.

Mostly, I am a self-made cook. My husband says that I'm a great cook and very good at making something out of nothing, which I've had to do on many occasions over the years. I love to cook and to experiment in the kitchen and look forward to being able to do that again.

2. Have you been told you think too much? Are too much of a perfectionist? Are too sensitive? Were they right?

Yes, to all of the above and yes, they were right. My husband says that I'm very analytical and sensitive. I do tend to analyze things and I want to be prepared. My mama always said that I was very tender-hearted. And YES, I am a perfectionist...one that is quite imperfect. Monk and I would make good buddies. :)

3. As a child did you have a favorite blanket or toy? Tell about it.

My teddy bear was my favorite toy as a child. I slept with him even after going off to college. He disappeared in the mid-190s when our storage building was stolen...not just the contents, but the entire building. He saw me through many nights of fear and crying. He knew the secrets that I carried and couldn't share with another human. He never judged and I loved the fur off of my little bear.

4. What 'institution' do you have the most faith in?

I am not really sure how to answer this question. I would love to be able to answer "marriage" as other friends have done, but I have issues with trust and they come from years of seeing how people treat each other when they think the other one isn't looking. I love my husband and he loves me and we would each die for the other if called to do so. We plan on being together forever and will fight it through, no matter what comes along. I have the most faith in Heavenly Father. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds tomorrow.


5. Chrysanthemums, pansies, burning bush, ornamental cabbage...your favorite in an autumn garden?

All of these are beautiful, but out of the bunch, my favorites are pansies. They are such happy little flowers!

6. What superpower do the kids in your neighborhood seem to posses?

I'm thinking they have the power to be invisible. I rarely see them, and when I do, they invariably end up behind my car at the very moment that I'm backing out of the drive, after having checked both ways and the way being clear two seconds before.

7. Are you a fan of the cranberry?

I think that cranberries are great. Without them, Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same. They are also great for helping to maintain bladder health and many other good things could be said for cranberries. They are such a pretty color, too!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

What is on my mind right now is blood pressure freak-outs and chest pains. One nearly floored me a couple of days ago. The thing about it is that my blood pressure has been more low than high lately. I went about a week or so with the diastolic being over a 100, now I'm doing good to have either number over 100. I don't know what's going on, but hopefully it will even out soon!

The other random thought is: Thank you, Joyce, for the Pinterest help!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of eating cranberries, unless they are in a dessert, but I do take cranberry pills. I can't stand to drink cranberry juice, so the pills are a nice alternative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and commenting, Amiee. I am sorry for the delayed response. I'm not fond of taking pills (I'm forever getting choked on them), so the juice works best for me. I'm glad, though, that they have the pills for those that don't like the juice. We all win this way. :)

    Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...