26 August 2011

Five Minute Friday: Older




Each Friday we are prompted to write for five minutes with no editing, no worrying about it not being perfect or just so. Right or not, just write! This week's prompt is: Older.


In some ways, I feel a lot older than the calendar indicates. Last week, the calendar said that I am now forty-six. OK, I can live with that. My heart, body, and soul are in a constant tug of war. Sometimes I feel like I am ninety-six, when these old bones don't want to move and fingers are swelling with arthritis and walking two feet feels like I've walked twenty miles instead.

But other times I feel like I'm still sixteen, young, strong, and ready to take on the world, and facing the future with hopes and dreams that weren't yet shattered. I wish there were more of those days, or even the feeling-like-I'm-twenty-six year old days. I had babies back then and babies have a way of keeping you young, in spite of what the calendar says to the contrary.

I'm older. I can face that. I like the idea maybe of having more behind me than in front of me. But, there is an awful lot yet still left in front of me and I can't wait to see what the future brings for my family and for me.

Here's to older!

Please be sure to visit The Gypsy Mama to join the linky and the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...