22 June 2011

Wednesday HodgePodge



Please be sure to visit Joyce's blog, From This Side of the Pond, to play along!

1. Summer's here-whoohoo! What's your favorite sight, sound, AND smell associated with summer?

I love the smell of food cooking on the grill, be it ours or our neighbors' grill. One of my favorite sights is a tree with a really full canopy, especially the huge oak trees around here. My favorite sound of summer...the same as it is any other time of the year. I love to hear the cardinals chinking back and forth to each other. :)

2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?

I grew up calling them lightning bugs and still call them that. I don't know what the folks around here call them.

3. What is something in the past week that reminded you of your childhood?

Father's Day always reminds me of my childhood. Also, watching people get hit with the ball and/or the bat on the College World Series *really* reminds me of my childhood because I can still hear the crack of the boy's head when I whacked him with the bat. It was totally an accident, but I don't think that anybody believed me. We both wanted the bat. We were both trying to pull it out of the other's hand. When I finally let go, he was still pulling and he got whacked in the head but good! You could hear that noise all over the neighborhood. I can still see him, plain as day, sinking to the ground holding his head. I high-tailed it into the house and locked myself in the bathroom and watched the rest from the bathroom window. I was sure that I was going to get my tail torn up over it. I don't remember anything beyond climbing up onto the bathtub ledge to look out the window. He lived, thank goodness, but I don't remember him coming over to play at our house anymore after that.

4. Define 'the good life'.

The good life, to me, is being with people that you love, that you can trust love you, too, not having to worry if you'll have a home to live in the next day, not worrying that you'll be left stranded on the side of the road, and not having to worry where your next meal will come from. It is also the security in knowing that, when this life is over, there is a far better place waiting for me, a place of no more sorrow, no more pain, no more being lonely or scared.

5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/workspace.

Honestly? At this very moment, you'd see a big mess...lots of first aid supplies (for tending to the spider bite), Diet Coke and water bottles, a Sharpie, a dry erase marker, a pen that that needs a new ink cartridge, a scrunchie, a hairbrush, headphones, CDs, a non-working camera, printer, scanner and our computers. Oh, and the TV/Roku remotes are here, too, but on my hubby's side of the desk.

6. Peaches or watermelon? Yes, you have to choose.

This is a very hard choice to make. I love them both, being a good Southern girl and all. :) I love the cooling taste of watermelon, but not the drippy mess. I LOVE peach cobbler and it isn't so messy. So, I'll choose peaches.

7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but keep in mind this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated please.

I don't think that I have...and if I have, it must have been pretty traumatic, but I have no recollection whatsoever of doing it. haha

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I love days in which we collect more jobs to do while we're out working on the ones that were planned for already. I like being an Avon lady and having my hubby as an Avon man. We make a great team. He's the people person and I am the behind-the-scenes detail person. It works for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...