22 February 2011

Ice Skating

I am not a big sports fan, but if I were to be involved in sports, I would want to be a figure skater. I learned to roller skate early on, and the last time that I attempted it, I still did a fairly good job of it.

I have never been ice skating. Though I know that it is hard work, it just looks so peaceful and unrestrained, like a heart set free to dance.

My favorite book when I was a little girl was The Silver Seven by Rita Ritchie, ©1972. I searched for years for a copy of this book, my original copy having been lost in the shuffle of time. I was able to find it again a year or so ago through an e-bay seller. It is also available now through amazon.com.

I was in second grade when this book came out, full of hopes and dreams of being a figure skater some day. I didn't know how that would happen since there were no ice rinks anywhere near my little South Carolina town. But I dreamed of it, and lived it through the pages of that little book.

What is a favorite book from your childhood?

The Silver Seven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...