Just click the Wednesday Hodgepodge button above to hop on over to Joyce's place to play along.
This week's questions:
1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite?
Yes, I enjoy working in the yard, but not when it is a zillion degrees out there. I was making progress until someone interfered with my efforts, then I got sick. I just haven't totally gotten back into the swing of things yet. It is too squishy to do much of anything out there right now. But PTL for all of the rain because we sure needed it.
2. What puts a spring in your step?
My feet can't do too much "springing" right now because one of them is still recovering from a fall. But, what excites me is genealogy and visiting cemeteries looking for tombstones and statuary to photograph.
3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?
The first thought that comes to mind for me was when one of my daughter's got a broken arm. She was out playing with the older kids and they were using a basketball as a soccer ball and it clipped the tips of her fingers. When that happened, it snapped both the radius and the ulna clean through right at the growth point near the wrist. It had to be reset and that had to be one of the most painful things that I've witnessed. They could have given her an anesthetic, but they said that would hurt her as much as the resetting. She told them to just go ahead without the anesthetic. She was maybe seven years old at the time. She was a trooper. I felt like screaming for her. It was awful. The weird thing about it was that it was healed in less than three weeks' time. I was very surprised at how fast it healed.
4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?
I like them both ways, but preferred the cooked ones...cooked baby carrots are my favorite.
5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?
Usually, especially if we have opened them already.
6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?
I enjoyed being part of Baptist Young Women. It was a fun time of fellowship and learning and growing in our faith.
7. Is cloning a sign of progress?
I suppose it could be seen as such, but I think it is more of a backing-up. Anything that has us playing God takes us further from Him, in my opinion, and isn't a true movement forward.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I wish that I were better about burying feelings on various things. I also think often about how funny some words are. Visually, they look like they would rhyme, like goes and does or goose and choose, but they don't rhyme at all when you say them. English is my native tongue, but it still doesn't make any sense to me. :)