22 December 2011

Writer's Workshop: That Red Dress!

Mama’s Losin’ It


Please click the button above for some really great writing prompts!

The prompt that I chose this week is:

5.) Put together a holiday outfit you’d love to wear at a holiday party should a holiday party ever be on your list of things to do.

It is totally weird because it is so not me, but the first dress that came to my mind was the red dress that Rhett Butler made Scarlett wear to Melanie's party in Gone With the Wind. It was so pretty and sparkly and a body would have to be thin to fit in it. I'm way too conservative for that dress, but I'd love to be able to fit in it.

In reality, I would probably choose something dark green and very conservative, as in not too short on either end. I would add to that diamond stud earrings and the necklace that my children gave me for Mother's Day one year. I would wear basic black pumps, not too low but not stiletto-height either. I don't want to break my neck! To top it off, I would consider getting my hair back to the color it was when I was a little girl because that red was totally beautiful with the green dresses that my mama bought me way back then.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...