01 December 2011

Writer's Workshop: Little Mouths

Mama’s Losin’ It


Please hop over to visit Mama Kat for a bunch of laughs!

The prompt that I chose for this week is:

4. Kids say the darndest things…describe a time a child’s honesty made you think. (Inspired by Ashley’s Closet)

When my youngest daughter was an itty bitty girl, my mother-in-law and her current husband came to our house in South Carolina for a visit. My baby girl was maybe four years old at the time. The family was sitting around the living room talking and my little one put in her two cents worth. I don't remember what the conversation was about, just her little voice saying to my husband's mother "back when you were not fat". I think that I must have stopped breathing and I know my heart stopped. I couldn't believe my baby girl had said such a thing. But, it's a risk you take when you raise them to tell the truth. My baby girl is a lot like my granny. She speaks her mind and doesn't generally beat around the bush. She's like her mama, too. I tend to be blunt. We both got a good dose of Granny's DNA, I think. It causes some rather amusing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...