28 December 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



Please click on the button above to join Joyce's Wednesday Hodgepodge fun!


1. Share something you loved about your Christmas day.

I loved having absolutely no reason to have to leave the house. We didn't have any jobs to do, the stores were closed (at least the ones that usually suck us in at least once a day!) and it was just a fine day of relaxing with nowhere to have to be.

2. You get to put five items in a time capsule to be opened in 100 years, what items would you choose and why?

First: I would start with a copy of my genealogy research so that future generations wouldn't have to fight the same battles that I've had to fight to get it.

Second: I would include copies of my pictures along with an index of who the people/places are in those photos.

Third: I would want to make a blessing gown and outfit (one for a girl and one for a boy) so that my future grandchildren would have something that I made and it would have my stitched signature and the date I completed it.

Fourth: I would include a copy of Enya's version of Silent Night, called Oiche Chiun. However, I have no clue how music will be formatted in the future, so maybe they'd just have to take me at my word that it is the most beautiful version of Silent Night in existence.




Fifth: And last, but not at all least, a letter telling those in the future about how important it is to have faith in Heavenly Father in ALL things, not just some things. We are not promised an easy life, but if we keep the faith and persevere, happiness is waiting for us on the other side. No matter what is happening, we just need to make it one more day...I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds tomorrow.




3. What do you like on a cracker?

I like several things on cracker, but not at the same time: peanut butter, cheese, seafood salad, and chicken salad.

4. Do you make resolutions? How'd that work out for you this past year?

No, I don't generally do resolutions. I have goals, but they are flexible and often change. Making resolutions is too much like setting it in stone.

5. What's a song or song lyric you'll associate with 2011?

My health battle isn't cancer, but like the song says, I just want to feel like a woman again and this is hard because of what surgery took from me. For those friends and acquaintances that have received the "c" diagnosis over this past year, this one's for you:



Jesus Take the Wheel...He's the only way this train will keep moving.




He's the only reason that I'm still here today.

6. How will you ring in the new year?

I will ring it in at home with my husband and remaining children, with sparkling grape juice and I'm not sure what else. I don't know if fireworks will be happening or not because I'm not sure if the burn ban is still on or not.

7. What is something you look forward to in 2012?

Although "freedom" was my word for 2011, it is my goal for 2012 as well. I won't go into details on that one. Also, I look forward to more family tree discoveries.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Childhood cancer is on my mind. It stinks. They shouldn't have to fight such things...and we shouldn't have to bury our babies.




For those still fighting, like Kate and Braden and so many others, please pray for them. For those little heroes that have gone on to Heaven, please remember their grieving families in your prayers. There's a cure out there somewhere and He's still in the miracle business. Please support the fight to end childhood cancer!


===
Happy New Year, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. We have seen the awfulness of childhood cancer up close this year. I hate it too. Few things in this world feel more unfair than that but we have all seen too how utterly good God is in the midst of suffering.

    Wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joyce, for stopping by and commenting.

    I wish the happiest new year for you and your family and complete healing for this sick little one. You're all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes i know indeed childhood cancer is very sad, my moms coworker lost her 7 year old daughter about 4 years ago to melanoma ;(
    Yes birthdays are indeed fun, the tricky part is buying the right gift especially for my niece and nephew who have too much of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, I am so sorry to hear of your mother's coworker's loss. That is so terribly sad. :( I will pray for their hurting hearts.

    It seems the best gift going around here in our house is an Amazon gift card. If I were to attempt to go and buy for them, it would be my luck to come home with a non-returnable video game that wasn't the one they were dying to have. Or, I'd get it for the wrong game system or something. haha

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

    Have a wonderful day and a great new year, all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...