Please be sure to click the button to join Joyce and the Wednesday Hodgepodge fun!
1. Will you be hosting any house guests between now and the end of December? Does that thought make you happy or crazy? Do you do anything special to make your house guests feel welcome? How long should a guest stay?
We are not expecting any house guests between now and the end of December. I am perfectly fine with that. This house (and our schedule) isn't well suited for entertaining or for finding places for people to sleep.
2. Walter Elias Disney was born this week back in (Dec 5) 1905...what's your all time favorite Disney movie? Here's a list in case you're struggling...and yes, you have to pick one.
I think that my favorite would be Beauty and the Beast. The Beast reminds me of folks that have been in my life at points along the way. They appear rough and tough, but inside they are just big ol' teddy bears with hearts of gold.
3. What's the last thing you purchased that you realized was a mistake after the fact?
Definitely those Christmas Oreos! Unlike the Halloween Oreos where the orange was just a color and not a flavor, these Oreos were mint-flavored. Not exactly my favorite thing to dunk into a glass of milk. BLECH!
4. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?
This year, so far, it has been 100% online. It would suit me just fine for it to always be 100% online.
5. Amaryllis...snowdrop...poinsettia...your favorite winter blossom?
I think that all of these are beautiful. The amaryllis is elegant, but a big, bushy poinsettia is absolutely beautiful. I saw tons of them arranged just like a Christmas tree one year. Beautiful!
6. What is one thing on your personal wish list this year? I think we all want peace on earth so let's make this an actual item.
OK, since I'm not supposed to wish for peace because that's a given, I want the huge digital drawing tablet that that shows the art-in-progress on the tablet itself instead of on the computer monitor, the Adobe Master Collection newest version, and a computer with enough power to handle it all. Of course, I know it isn't happening anytime soon, but that is what I wish for.
7. If you could only use one word today what would it be?
The word would probably be "why". I always need to know the "whys" of things and "just because" doesn't cut it (plus, that's two words, not one!).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
That's a loaded one this week. There are lots of thoughts floating around in my head; some are pretty, some not so pretty. Mostly, I wonder why that man killed his babies over his wife leaving him. If he was bent on somebody dying, why didn't he just kill himself and leave the little ones out of it? He did end up killing himself, but why did the babies have to die, too? I wonder how their mother is, if she's even awakened yet, and how she is going to live once she finds out that she has lost all of her children. Such a sad, sad end to an apparent history of domestic violence.
Why can't people just be nice to each other?