12 November 2011

Saturday 9



Please click the button above to play along!

Here are the questions for this week:

1. Have you ever discovered a betrayal? If so, did you ask, “How long has THIS been going on”?

Yes and yes, as well as the bigger question, "Is it still?"

2. What is the longest line you've ever stood in? Would you do it again?

The biggest line that I've ever been in was probably one waiting for a ride at Six Flags Over Georgia years ago. No, I wouldn't do it again. For one thing, my blood pressure is too high for the Scream Machine at this stage of life, and another, I don't want to be out in the hot sun for that long for any reason anymore.

3. Someone has hung a sign around your neck, and you have to wear it all day long. What does it say?

It probably says, "Hey, pick on me. That's what I was put here for." I'm pretty sure that's what my assigned sign said while I was a kid. But, I would hope for it to say something nice like, "Be my friend. Talk to me and I'll tell you about the Best Friend anyone could ever have".

4. As the Christmas season approaches, what song is it that you just can't wait to hear?

I love, love "Oiche Chiun" by Enya. It is her version of "Silent Night". It is the most beautiful, most peaceful version of the song that I've ever heard. I probably spelling it wrong, because I can't spell it any better than I can pronounce it, but I sure love to hear it!

5. What Christmas song do you dread to hear?

I can't really think of any that I dread hearing, except maybe "Grandma Got Run Over by the Reindeer". Grandma songs always get to me, whether they're meant to be funny or not.

6. How often do you read the last chapter of a book first?

Aren't you supposed to? That's the way I read pretty much anything that I read, including magazines. The good stuff hides in the back, kind of like dessert. It's more fun to start with dessert.

7. Do you have a favorite movie that you just love to see each year during the holidays?

YES! Several, actually. It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (the one with Natalie Wood). Those two I have watched every year since I was a kid. More recently, we've added the Mrs. Miracle movies to our "have to watch" collection. We also enjoy the Andy Griffith Christmas episode with Ben Weaver, where he keeps trying to get himself arrested so that he'll be with them for Christmas. We also generally watch the Macy's parade, but after the Victoria's Secret boob-a-thon during it last year, that may no longer be a part of our holiday festivities.

8. Do you enjoy winter in the area that you live?

If we had a winter where I live, I might enjoy it but, we don't get a real winter here. It barely gets cold. One year we were able to go to the beach on Christmas Eve. That is just wrong!

9. At holiday I think we all show more kindness. In your opinion, is this a “concept” that has value (like money or other tangible things) or does it exist as simply emotion? Why?

I think that maybe it is true because people do realize the reason for the season. They get swept up in the moment and reach out to people when maybe the rest of the year they're real grouches. Maybe some folks think it will earn them brownie points for something and others are genuine. Those that are genuine, however, are kind all year long, not just at Christmas time.

I guess, in the end, the answer varies just like people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...