19 October 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge #49



Please click the button above to play along!


1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis? Would we want you nearby in an emergency?


I don't generally panic, but depending on what has happened, I may get a hurly tummy. I am generally calm and capable of driving people to the ER without causing an accident.

2. Caramel apple-caramel sundae-caramel corn-caramel macchiato...of the four, which caramel treat would you choose?

I love caramel corn, of the candy variety. I would die to have a caramel apple, but I cannot eat them anymore. I can't eat really hard things. They lock my jaw. I have no clue what a "macchiato" is. Caramel sundaes are great but, due to dairy intolerances, I have to try to avoid them. Sometimes they hold me hostage and make me eat them. You know how insistent a sundae can be.

3. Is there such a thing as destiny? Explain.

I believe that all lives come into being for a purpose. I believe that we have free will but also believe that there are things that we are destined to do, not because we have been pre-destined to do them, but because of choices that we make in life, this is our destiny. We have free will. We have the power to change our destiny in most cases. I say 'in most cases' because there are some things that, once we set them in motion, there is no turning back, no matter how much we may want to do so or how hard we try.

4. What's your favorite piece of furniture? I'm referring to something currently in your possession as opposed to something on your wish list.

Our piano is my favorite piece of furniture. It was built in 1895 and is a beautiful, black mahogany. It is an upright grand. It is in dire need of some work, but I love it anyway.

5. Wednesday night marks the start of the 2011 Baseball World Series. Did you know? Do you care? Will you be watching? Ever been to a professional baseball game? If you're not an American do you find the title 'World Series' annoying or amusing?

Yes, I knew it. My husband told me. We are not big baseball fans, though we have watched many documentaries about various baseball legends. The only "World Series" that really interests us is the College World Series. Our alma mater has won for two years in a row now - University of South Carolina. Go, Carolina!

6. A sound that takes me back to my childhood is...

This one is hard! I don't remember very much from my childhood. I do remember the sound of my daddy revving up his old truck and the '57 Chevy. I also remember quite clearly the sound of my baseball bat as it met with the side of a neighbor boy's head. There are also sounds that I don't want to remember, but do every time I hear people arguing.

7. On average, once you've linked your hodgepodge post to mine how many other participant blogs do you visit? Do you ever come back to the Hodgepodge later in the day or even the day after to read posts?

I try to respond to one to three people for each meme that I participate in. Sometimes I do more and on occasion I forget completely to go back and visit the other posters. I don't mean to forget, but it happens because most of the time I do the post on one day and go back to respond on a different day because I don't have time to do it all at once.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

My random thought for the day is...do meme responses count as natural posts? What exactly is a "natural post"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...