05 August 2011

Week's End at McClendon Manor

I squeaked by on the Art Appreciation test this week. I got 14 out of 20 points. Ouch. I just drew a complete blank on some of the questions. I remember seeing the image in the lectures, but couldn't remember what type of painting or drawing they were. Oh well. Better luck next time, right?

We only had one job to do today, but have three to do tomorrow. Some days are empty; others are full. I like the full ones the best, I think. On those days, I don't have time to be bored.

Our oldest daughter is in her third year of college, preparing to transfer to a major university. I want her to reach her goals, but this mama is scared for her to be so far away, out of my reach, where I can't protect her.

Our youngest son is gearing up for his senior year of high school. I am excited for him, but thinking about this also makes me miss his long ago, little boy days.

Our youngest daughter is fast behind him and her list of things that she wants to be when she "grows up" is a mile long. I wish that I had her energy!

David is doing great in his MBA program, but this current week's problem is being just that, a problem. He's great with Excel and business things in general. To see him have a difficult time with something kind of scares me. I'll be in a similar class before too long. If it is giving him such fits, I have no hope of passing it!

Some things are going great here; other things are about as bad as they could get. We'll make it. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but, PTL, I know Who holds tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...