08 July 2011

Five Minute Friday: Grateful



Each Friday, we are challenged to write for five minutes. No editing. No fretting. Just writing, right or not.

This week's Five Minute Friday prompt is: Grateful

For whatever reason, when I hear the word "grateful" the first thing that pops into my head is The Grateful Dead. All I know about them is that they are a singing group. Otherwise, I don't know diddly about them.

Anyway, I am grateful for my family...my husband, my children, and my family back home. I miss them terribly. I am grateful for my friends that cried with me through the leaving, the missing, and the hunger to go back knowing that I never can.

I am grateful for the gift that Heavenly Father has given me to help me avoid trouble and for the times that I slow down enough to listen. I am grateful for His protection.

I am thankful for great authors that write wonderful books that draw me in and make me not want to put them down. I am thankful for meaningful plots and new families between the pages that become a part of the me that is me.

I am grateful for fun blog writing challenges like Five Minute Friday. :)



Please be sure to visit The Gypsy Mama to play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...