12 July 2011

Ahhh That Gracie!

When asked how to speak French: "You speak it the same way you speak English, you just use different words." ~ Gracie Allen

David and I have started watching some pretty old television shows lately, one of them being The Burns and Allen Show starring George Burns and Gracie Allen.





Gracie amazes me. She delivers some of the funniest lines I've ever heard and does it with a totally straight face. She doesn't lose it laughing at herself...just a totally straight face. How did she do that?

I would love to be so funny. There have been very few times in my life where I've brought down the room with laughter, and even fewer times that I've been able to make the joke deadpan. I generally end up laughing before I even get to the punch line.

I think that I'm going to pay really close attention to Gracie and let her teach me a few things. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to give back to my hubby what he's given to me all of these years. He wouldn't be expecting it from shy, little ol' me. haha

Say good-night, Gracie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...