13 May 2011

High School - Again

During the great Blogger Maintenance Crash of 2011, my post for 11 May 2011 has apparently been eaten. With any luck, it will show back up eventually, but for now, it appears to be gone.

This post is what was supposed to be posted yesterday, 12 May 2011. The prompt is from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

If you had to go back to high school, how would you do it differently?

If I had to go back to high school, I would be more observant, less trusting, and probably less willing to do things just to try to please people. I would stand up for myself and worry about the consequences later, rather than always worrying about what technically was the "right" thing. The "right" thing wasn't always the best thing, for me or for the situation. I wouldn't waste my time on people that were not worth it, nor would I waste a tear on those whose sole purpose in life was to bring me torment.

I would be there more for my friends and, perhaps, have a more concentrated circle of friends. I would say "no" to Lindy from the start and would have reported his threat. I wouldn't go skating with that other boy. I would keep kissing David anyway, even if it did get me in trouble. It would only be just a little bit of trouble compared to the heartache that not kissing him would cause, for him and for me. I would not let something that a boy said cause me to nearly give away something that I could never get back. I would hold tight to what was mine, saving it for the man that I would someday marry, and not sully it with an attempt to be rid of it out of revenge rather than love.

If I were back in high school, I wouldn't look so much for the easy way out, the easy A. I would take the more advanced classes and realize that someday in the future, I would find how they applied to my life specifically.

If I were back in high school now, maybe I wouldn't be in such a big hurry to be out, to graduate, to grow and go. I would savor the moment and the memories.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...