14 April 2011

Writer's Workshop Thursday: It's In There!

For Writer's Workshop Thursday, we're given a list of prompts and are to choose at least one to write about on our blogs. Today, I chose this one:

"What do the contents of your handbag/purse “say” about you?"

Please play along at Mama's Losin' It.

The contents of my itty-bitty, Eeyore-embellished purse are as follows:

Two dimes, a penny, and a bicentennial quarter; Avon biz cards and holder;
Epi pen; napkins, salt, pepper, crumbs; Wallet; 2 ink pens;
Two pages from Avon brochure with customer wishes circled; Receipt;
Emery board; Lottery scratcher token; Pink polka dotted compact mirror



What these contents say about me:

...That I have no money to speak of, but am hoping to change that. I play scratch-off tickets sometimes because I like Bingo and Crossword, but not depending on it to make a fortune.

...That we eat on the road. We do a contract job on a regular basis to earn money as well as to spend time together.

...That I have allergies severe enough that I have to have treatment immediately available. The allergy list is long and distinguished.

...That my nails are prone to breaking at the most inopportune time (when is it "opportune"?).

...That I sell Avon and some of my customers use the brochure as their order slip, marking what they want straight on the brochure pages. And, I love to write and want to make sure that I am able to no matter where I am at.

...That sometimes I need to look at myself, but I don't want to see too much of *me* at a time!

My purse would be saying a lot more if I hadn't recently cleaned it out. I also have a Mary Poppins-sized bag. :)




post signature

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe all of that fit into Eeyore's bag. You certainly are well prepared for many things. Love the salt-n-pepper:) Cute compact mirror too. My daughter wants one of those. You just gave me an idea for an Easter basket goodie:) Thanks!
    Anne
    P.S. I'm too afraid to even look into my purse. It would be scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! This one has been pretty scary at times. haha

    I'm glad that I helped by giving you an Easter goodie idea. Have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...